Dr. G
Dr. G, Doctor
Experience:  MD
12907602

MY SON IS WAITING ASSESSMENT FOR SYMPTOMS OF PSYCHOSIS -

MY SON IS WAITING ASSESSMENT FOR SYMPTOMS OF ? PSYCHOSIS - (HE IS JUST 16) POSS RELATED TO SMOKING CANNABIS. HE IS NOW TAKING DIAZEPAM FOR ANXIETY RELATED ISSUES. HE KEEPS TELLING ME HE DOESN'T WANT TO LIVE I'M REALLY AFRAID FOR HIM HE IS CONVINCED HE HAS A LONG TERM MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM. SHOULD I BE ASKING FOR AN ANTI-PSYCHOTIC FOR HIM? HE HAS CONVERSATIONS AND MUSIC IN HIS MIND HE CAN'T LOOK AT HIMSELF IN THE MIRROR AS HE HAS 'GLARING EYES' STARING BACK AT HIM AND HE FEELS AS THOUGH HE IS IN A WORLD OF HIS OWN AND NOT COMPLETELY PRESENT. WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?

Thank you for your question. Anytime someone has a suicidal ideation, it is very important to get the to the hospital. The conversations and music in his head is pointing to possible, the mirror, the feeling of detachment point possibly to
schizophrenia. He needs a proper evaluation and anti psychotics would be an excellent place to start.
You are on the right path.
Here is some more information:
schizophrenia
Schizophrenia

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your care.

If I've answered your question, kindly press 'ACCEPT' so I may be paid for my work
This does NOT cost you extra.