JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

what type of health care professional would I talk to for difficulties

what type of health care professional would I talk to for difficulties I am having dealing with Mean Girls at work? these "girls" are in their 50's and 60's and I am in my 50s. Management has had problems with them in the past but nothing is ever done. My husband says I need to know how to let things "roll off my back" better, since I don't handle conflict well and tend to cower from confrontation with women. I told him I want to get counseling but do not know where to go. Please advise?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.

I suggest you seek psychotherapy from a licensed clinical psychologist in your area. Psychotherapy can help you to better understand your problem with conflict and may help you improve your level of assertiveness. Either way, therapy can help you to channel your frustration into something productive and worthwhile. Your primary care doctor can probably give you a referral to see a psychologist. If not, you can use google to locate a clinical psychologist in your area. Call and set up an appointment for an initial evaluation.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.