JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

You just answered me a little while ago. I appreciate your

You just answered me a little while ago. I appreciate your help. I'm feeling like I need to find some help now. As I thought I lost my debit card and remembered being at a particular store with it yesterday and long story short I hadn't been there since the middle of last week. I really felt I was sure I was there. I am so scared and not sure what's happening to me. Should I seek some help now or should i just coast like this until I see my therapist on Wednesday. I have a small dog and no money to board him so, I can't leave him for any length of time. Do ya think I'll be OK to wait?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.

If you are not experiencing suicidal thoughts and are able to get through the day without causing harm to yourself, I think it would be ok to wait until your see your therapist. I suggest that you write down the symptoms you are experiencing so that you have a log of what happened to bring to your therapist. You may forget about some of what has happened, so writing it down will really help. If you start to feel unsafe, call 911 and have someone come and bring you to the hospital. If your symptoms get worse, you definitely need to go to the hospital.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.