JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

I have restless leg syndrome and I just started taking Abilify

I have restless leg syndrome and I just started taking Abilify which is helping me greatly only it seems to increase the RLS
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.

These are the most common side effects of Abilify in adult patients: Nausea, vomiting, constipation, headache, dizziness, an inner sense of restlessness or need to move (akathisia), anxiety, insomnia, and restlessness. Yes, Abilify and other psychoactive medications can increase restlessness and make you feel like you need to move. This may be a direct result of the medication. I suggest that you contact your doctor and ask about possible medications to help you sleep better.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.