Psych Doc
Psych Doc, Doctor
Experience:  MD

My partner is suffering from not trusting me and she is very

My partner is suffering from not trusting me and she is very depressed because of this. She feels very anxious, scared, unable to cope.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Psych Doc replied 7 years ago.
Does your partner have any history of prior mental illnesses?
Has she been evaluated by a mental health professional?
Any chronic medical illness/ treatment that she is on?
How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes she does, she is currently been offered mediaction but refuses to take it in case it puts her into a pyhscosis. She is always obsessing about everything. I my self met her two years ago after my ten year old son died and my head was all over the place. I happened to be seeing another girl who was helping me at the time and it all went complicated as I was seeing both of them for about one month before it all came out. With that after being with her for two years she feels she still cannot trust me although I have been strictly faithfull during that time and have no intention of doing anything else.

Expert:  Psych Doc replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the information.
At this stage one cannot force a patient to take medicines. One option is to get counelling sessions for her by a Psychologist. A qualified health professional is a better person to guide tha patient towards treatment. Once she starts responding to the sessions, you would be able to convince her to take medicines. At this stage one needs to have a lot of patience with the patient and be supportive.