Dr Jef Burk
Dr Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP

i had a brain trama when i was 14 was in a coma for 8 days

i had a brain trama when i was 14 was in a coma for 8 days had a baseball bat smack me in the top back head u know where guys start becoming and it is usually hard for me to deal with my anger i remember doctors telling me that i will get nervous very quickly and just to take a deep breathe can i do anything to keep myself from getting so angry for the littlest things? it bothers me that i get like that and dont want to be but it just happens and i am tired of breaking my mothers heart cause of my disabilities.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr Jef Burk replied 7 years ago.

Is anger your only problem?

How often is it an issue?

Have you had any professional help with this already?

How severe is it - have you gotten into trouble with the police?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no i also have a memory problem its hard to remember things in the past and also things to remember for the day and it could be the biggest thing to remeber but i still wont be able to remember and it feels like its getting worse. cause i am forgetting more and at times my speech is not acurate i think one thing and say another so when it comes out it comes out wrong and it makes me feel like an idiot. it happens abou everyday. no help. no police trouble.

There's probably not ant specific treatment for your memory but there are patient groups for those with head injuries who you can contact for support.

Anger is a common problem in all patient groups and is by no means restricted to those with head injuries.

I'll post you some links.

Dr Jef ( click on the anger link)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
would taking anger management help? if so where can i find one in illinois. i can read but usually have difficulties remembering what i just read (ADD?) figure face to face would help more?

Anger management will help.

Best to ask your PCP who can provide this locally for you.

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Your "primary care physician" aka your family dr.

Dr Jef