Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

My ex wife acts like a teenager when around my teenage daughters.

My ex wife acts like a teenager when around my teenage daughters. She is more like a friend than a mother and has very few boundries. Is this a disorder? My teen daughters are behaving poorly and I need help.

Could you please specify what do you mean by that your ex wife has got few boundaries?

And how your daughters are behaving poorly?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
-Does not follow up to ensure school work is complete. Purchases cigarettes for under age friends of daughter. she acts as a friend not as a parent.
My daughters use foul language, stay out late, and my middle daughter is not always truthful.She is doing poorly in school and has no confidence. In my opinion she is depressed.

You surely are sounding as if your ex is a bad influence on your daughters?

Are your daughters in your custody?

How are your relations with your ex?

Do you think you have lost control over your daughters?

Does your ex wife has a history of psychiatric illness or substance abuse?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
She has them 65% of the time.
We both have history of drug abuse may years ago but sobered up before marriage. We were married for 15 years. Our marriage ended 3 years ago.It was never healthy. She has issues with honesty and integrity. EG: taking money without asking. Lying about paying bills, and lying about the behavior of the children when they did bad things. I played the role of fixing the wreckage that she would leave with her behavior. My kids at this point have no routine at home whith school work, dinner and bed time.
I have lost control of my daughters. They seem to be drifting farther away. It gets really bad when i hold the accountable for their behavior and school work. I feel like I cant win.

HI THERE,

WELL I FEEL FROM WHAT YOU HAVE MENTIONED THAT YOUR EX WIFE HAS EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE PERSONALITY(BODERLINE PERSONALITY) dISORDER WITH COMPLETE NEGLIGENCE TOWARDS HER RESPONSIBILITY AS A MOTHER, PROVIDED THAT WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME IS 100 PERCENT TRUE.

In such a case i would suggest you seek help from a lawyer and try to get custody of your daughters on the basis of your ex wife being a negligent , self destructive and a bad influence over your daughters which all in all is spoiling future of your daughters.

Regards...

---------------------------------------------

please press the accept button if you feel satisfied with my answer and kindly leave a positive response if possible.