Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist is sports medicine psychology. Certified in yoga, relaxation techniques and meditation.
5625079

i lay down at night and get a tingling feeling real strong in my penis

Customer Question

i broke me leg last year and i ve been on alot of medicine my privates tingel so much i just what to cut the dam thing off what do suggest
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

Greetings.

Were you exposed to unsafe sex?

Are any investigations done?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no been with my wife for 8 years i went to the hospital last night they did a mri and every thing came back good they took blood and pee if i had a yeast infection would it show i have been tested for hiv and iam clean they did say somthing about hepatis but no letter so my doc said know worries is there somthing i can take to stop this tingeling i cant sleep ive been up for three days please help me

Prostatitis is one thing which should be looked in for your symptoms. There are two ways to proceed;

1) Getting a urine or semen culture; this would show urinary tract infection straight away and would be indicative of prostatitis.

2) If the urine is negative for the infection; getting a prostate examination by the physician. This may show tenderness during the digital rectal examination. Your physician can do a prostatic massage. A secretion is usually expelled from the urethra, after that. This can be sent for the culture. If there is no secretion obtained after the prostate massage, a urine sample can be sent, instead. This usually shows the infection, will identify the organisms and best antibiotics which would work. You have been given a urinary analgesic, which is coloring your urine. Alone it does not give much of the relief as antibiotics are needed for the treatment. Consult a urologist or your primary care physician for the further management and a prescription for the antibiotics.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have alot of antibotics i have zyvox i have vfend i have aumetin and amoxacillin which one would you sugest to use

Augmentin usually works good for this. But as I mentioned, getting culture, identifies the best antibiotic against the infection.

It is pleasure assisting you.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have 875 mg augmentin i just took one how long before you will know if it is working and why does the tingeling come worse after i take a bath

It can take around two to three days for the effect of the augmentin to come, if the bacteria are sensitive to the antibiotic. Aggravation by bath may be due to accompanied urethral infection (tube through urine is passed).

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can you sugest something to stop the tickeling in my private area

Taking Motrin and Tylenol, every four hours alternately will be beneficial in tickling.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
than you

You are welcome.

Clicking accept only gives us the credit for time and work.

Best wishes and kindest regards.

Dr. Arun