JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

Recently had an emotional shock and emotional breakdown as

Recently had an emotional shock and emotional breakdown as well as a severe reaction to Celexa-severe panic attacks and anxiety, feeling suicidal. Since this I have had memory loss, difficulty concentrating, difficulty undertaking tasks that require concentrated thought and having a long conversation. Im able to do daily routine, excercise and a dance class. When I feel frustrated because i wasnt like this before I get very angry. Ive looked in depth now at my life and i have real issues with my family. The problem now is that Im dependant on them and my family view illness as a holiday and as a chance to 'control' the vulnerable one. You basically have no rights and are subject to verbal and emotional crap. Ive lost my self esteem and feel unconfident. I think there was family intervention but noone will be direct with me and family enjoy painting me as a 'nutcase' I dont feel like I can go on anymore. What kind of work can I undertake without having another breakdown? I was a teacher

It sounds like you really need some in depth psychotherapy. I recommend that you go to see a psychologist who specializes in psychoanalytic or psychodynamic psychotherapy. Psychodynamic therapy will help you to better understand the problems that stem from your family of origin, while helping you to better manage your current relationships. I get that you feel quite ostracized by your family and I think you probably could use some serious support right now. I think you should keep up with the exercising and maybe try to incorporate some yoga or relaxation classes into your schedule. As far as work is concerned, I think you should do whatever you feel comfortable with doing. If you feel like teaching will be too much, maybe you should try being a substitute teacher for a while to see how you handle it. Perhaps the flexibility of substitute teaching would help you to adjust back to the workplace. There is no easy solution to this, but I certainly think you need to get some more therapy.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Other
No question but a small way of saying thank-you for your time and effort. I really appreciate it. Thank-you :)