JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

Last Saturday, when i was watching tv with my girlfriend i

Last Saturday, when i was watching tv with my girlfriend i started feeling dizzy, i stood up the i went to the bathroom to wash my face with cold water,it didn't worked.I started feeling i was going to die, my legs were numb, my brain was fighting to stayed focus, i felt complete horror.I stayed walking from one side of the living room to another with my partner holding my hand saying i was going to be alright.Only after 2 hours i felt it was safe to go to sleep, the next day i felt my head fuzzy, distant from the words i would say, like my existence was fuzzy, and felt a deep strong depression, everything appeared fragile to me, and without meaning.Today i feel like me, yet i still feel anxiety on my chest.It was the most horrible experience i ever felt, and it took more than 24 hours to go away, was this a panic attack what should i do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

Your symptoms sound very similar to a panic attack. Generally, panic attacks are generated by some inner conflict you are experiencing that would rather not think about. The panic symptoms help to distract you from the content of your fear. That is, you fear dying and feel scared but are unable to identify a reason for the intense emotional experience. You probably still feel anxious because you are still blocking the thought content of whatever was making you anxious last Saturday. Something about the experience you were having last Saturday triggered something for you, but I cannot know what exactly it triggered. However, I really believe that you need to get in to see a clinical psychologist to talk about what happened. A psychologist can help you sort through what has been going on in your personal life that might have triggered this panic attack. Additionally, the psychologist can help you reduce your anxiety levels.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience: I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.