JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
11111309

I often have feelings of exaggerated highs, then extreme lows

I often have feelings of exaggerated highs, then extreme lows - occasionally suicidal, i have depression but i'm not always sad, some days i feel extremely hyperactive, then others i get so pessimistic i feel so worthless, some days i feel beautiful, others i feel repulsive, some days my labido is high others its non exsistant, i get bursts of motivaton, then everything just feels pointless - my doctor thinks this is typical depression, but i'm sure, whats wrong with me?

Thanks for your question on JustAnswer! I see that you noted in your post that you are under 18 years of age. Our Terms of Service require that all accounts be registered by adults age 18 and older.

I also noted that you have a deposit on your account. If a parent or guardian opened this account for you and allowed you to post your question, that is acceptable. However, we need the parent or guardian to call us at 1-888-JustA-20 and clearly state that they have given permission for you to ask this question, and that they are the account holder who is authorizing payment.

No one will be able to answer your question until we receive this information via telephone

Thank you

Maria-Moderator

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I am 18, how old did i put? sorry for the misunderstanding

This question is open for any Expert to answer.

Thank you.

Hi Bumblebee,

It sounds like you are experiencing a lot of emotional instability and rapid cycling between feeling great and feeling terrible. I cannot be sure without conducting an evaluation, but I'm guessing that you are experiencing a considerable amount of conflict about some aspect or many aspects of your life. Your symptoms do not sound consistent with bipolar disorder, but I think your emotional instability might make you think you have something like that. At this point, I do not think the diagnosis is important. Rather, I think you need to go to see a clinical psychologist to talk about what has been going on for you lately. I'm sure a psychologist could help you to sort through some of your emotional ups and downs. If the psychologist believes you need some type of medication, he or she can refer you to a psychiatrist for a medication evaluation. Good luck in seeking treatment.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience: I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.