JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

I think that i am retarded! And no-one will tell me if i a

Customer Question

I think that i am retarded! And no-one will tell me if i am.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.
Hi mj,

Can you further explain what you mean by "retarded?" More details would help me to better answer your question. Thanks. I will respond within 24 hours after you reply.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i stutter, have a hard time explaining myself, i am very shy and bashful, and i do not feel normal until i consume cannabis. when i consume cannabis i feel normal i can think clearly and have no problem explaining my feelings and thoughts.
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.
<p>Hi mj,</p><p> </p><p>It sounds like you have some social anxiety and you have been self-medicating with drugs. This is not uncommon among persons struggling with anxiety. Additionally, when you stop smoking the drugs, you experience withdrawal symptoms which include anxiety and depression among other things. So, if you continue to smoke, you will continue to feel anxious when you are not smoking. However, if you stop smoking, you will have to cope with your anxiety in a different way. Honestly, I think it would really help you to see a psychologist about this issue. A skilled therapist can help you to manage your anxiety, which will ultimately help you to put the drugs down. When you are high, it makes it easier to talk because you are not so anxious and worried about how you are coming across to other people. Your problem is certainly treatable if you are willing to get some professional help. </p><p> </p><p>If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy. </p>