Lively
Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families
13693856

I am really not sure if you ca help. My story is long. But

Customer Question

I am really not sure if you ca help. My story is long. But I am tired of the pain. I am 65 who was abused mental sexually and physically buy my family.I have learn I have A D D. Which helped explain a lot. Have had really bad migraines mood swings. Since going through menopause the migraines are down to about a 3 instead of a 10 ha ha.As you can see I use humor a lot. I have run the gauntlet in trying to find help in stabilizing my life. bought books self help groups .Every Dr want to put me on Medication for depression. Which does not work for me. We have moved around a lot. Now we have moved to the other side of Canada. to B C for my husband health. So I am away from my children. We left England to get way from my family. I can be happy then bang I am a quibbling mess. even curling up in the fetal position. Every body say's what a nice kind person I am. I like making people laugh and helping. But all I hear in my head is that I am no good and stupid. I take Clonazapam. which helps
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 8 years ago.

You mentioned that you were diagnosed with ADD but did not say if you'd ever been treated for this. I am curious. I am also wondering if you've ever had any psychotherapy to address early childhood abuse issues as, in my experience, early trauma can be the cause of many of the mood changes that you're talking about.