Being_Mindful
Being_Mindful, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Masters in Clinical Counseling & Completing Doctorate in Psyh. 3 Yrs. Exper w/ Diverse Populations
13655154

Is there any literature or studies that supports how important

Customer Question

Is there any literature or studies that supports how important a Fathers relationship is to his children, for emotional as well as development upbringing.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Being_Mindful replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer There have been many studies performed and articles written to support the importance and value of paternal involvement in the development of one's child. I would suggest that you look at the following three books (all available on Amazon.com) These books provide the infomration that you are looking for without the "psychobabble" that may confuse you. Here are the names of the books:

1. Fathers and Families Paternal Factors in Child Development by Henry Biller

2. The Role of the Father in Child Development by Michael Lamb

3. Fatherneed: Why Father Care is as Essential as Mother Care for Your Child by Kyle Pruett.

You should find these books quite helpful in what you are looking for.

Sincerely,

Levi Breuer

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I thought your answer was incomplete. I had specifuically asked for studies supporting divorced fathers and their role in child development. You gave me three books to look into. Not specific enough.