JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
11111309

I have been smoking skunk for 7 years but have recently stopped

I have been smoking skunk for 7 years but have recently stopped for 2 weeks now. I have blamed my personality disorder on this but have realised I had it long before using drugs. I have really bad mood swings and they can change from hour to hour. I can be very violent and feel that everyone is conspiring agaist me even my close family.I get very depressed and feel that I just want to shut myself away please help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 8 years ago.
Hi bluebell,

After coming off of the drugs, you may be experiencing side effects associated with the withdrawal of the substance. I think you need to go in to see a physician and get a medical evaluation. Coming off this drug will lead to both physical and psychological side effects. Without examining you, I cannot make any specific recommendations. I think you need to make an appointment as soon as possible. Additionally, I think you need to see a therapist on a long term basis. This will help to facilitate your recovery. Expect to experience a number of ups and downs as you recover from the drug abuse. Also, you might look into joining N.A. groups, as they can provide you with support to aid in your recovery.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.