JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
11111309

hi im john i take notions when im in public i get very anxious

hi im john i take notions when im in public i get very anxious when im in pulic and start sweating on my face a lot how do i overcome this?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 8 years ago.
Hi john,

I think you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder known as social phobia. The best treatment for this type of problem is psychotherapy. Some folks take medication to treat the problem, but you may choose to do a combination of treatments (i.e., meds and therapy). I think you should go to see a clinical psychologist to talk about your problem. They can provide you with some help dealing with this problem. Additionally, if they feel you need medication, they can refer you to see a psychiatrist to get on something to help with your anxiety. But honestly, the best treatment method is to do therapy first. Good luck with your treatment.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.