JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

I just have a question I am really having a difficult time,

I just have a question I am really having a difficult time, I lost my mom a few years ago tomorrow I do have doctor's appointment this week but my depression is bad.. I don't really want to talk I just feel like shutting down and getting emotional just being left alone...
Hi unwell,

I think it would be a good idea to surround yourself with some people who can give you some support. Isolating yourself is not the answer here. However, it is ok to get emotional and cry about the loss. I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope that you choose to do something to take care of yourself. I'm sure your mom would not want you sitting there all alone and in pain. Think about it...would she? Take care of yourself this week...that would be honoring your mom's memory. I suggest that you make an appointment to see a psychotherapist to help you deal with the grief from your loss. Perhaps this could help you to make peace with the loss.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found this answer to be worthy.