JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

I am a 40 yo male and for the last 2 years I have experienced

I am a 40 yo male and for the last 2 years I have experienced an extreme lack of focus. my mind is always thinking about anything other than my current task. It is beyond procrastination. I have experienced mild depression (usually offset by exercise) with the lack of focus. Lately my ability to get over colds has stopped and I remain unfocused, sick and unable to get going.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.
Hi sphughes,

I think you are experiencing what is called dysthymic disorder and you probably need to see a psychologist to get some psychotherapy. I believe psychotherapy could help you recover from your mild depression. The lack of focus is a result of the depression most likely. Exercise and improvements in diet will only temporarily help if you do not address the underlying conflict you are experiencing. I suggest you make an appointment to see a clinical psychologist to get an evaluation done soon.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.