JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

I feel detached from life - as though this is all a dream and

I feel detached from life - as though this is all a dream and when I wake up, that will be my reality. I'm currently on prozac for PND but I had this feeling well before I was pregnant

Your symptom sounds like some type of disassociation which needs to be discussed with your psychiatrist. It may be that the medication is exacerbating this feeling of detachment. I know it is embarrassing to talk about these types of things, but honestly, this is more common than you think. Additionally, your feeling may be related to something medical. You need to be examined in order to rule out the possibility of a medical cause. If not medical, the symptom may be a reflection of psychological conflict generated by something in your personal life. I suggest you seek the advice of your doctor before proceeding. As a psychologist, I do not think you are crazy. You definitely need to see someone to make sure that you are ok.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy!