Dr Jef Burk
Dr Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP

My daughter (43 years old) says she is being gang stalked

My daughter (43 years old) says she is being "gang stalked" by people who work in shifts to stalk and harrass her by making noise as she sleeps, using special high tech equipment to cause her pain right trhough the walls of her house and when I don't hear them says they have implanted something somewhere so that they know when she is sleeping or awake by measuring her breathing. She has lists of license plate numbers of people who follow her everywhere she goes, going into her home and damaging things (like scratches or broken momentos). IS don't believe her and when I read the web sites she speaks about, I say they are fiction. One site is:    She says this happens to her all the time and she is sleep deprived by the gang that stalks her. Is this something you have treated or heard of before?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr Jef Burk replied 7 years ago.

Sounds like your daughter is having paranoid delusions - you are correct she needs to see a psychiatrist - and soon.

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dear Dr. Jef,

I don't like having to be such a stickler for a correct answer but what i'm looking for is a sugesstion to where I may go (on line) to read information that disputes the multitude of websites that portray this phenonama are genuine as opposed to fictional. Can you direct me? jDid you read the website I sent?

Thank you

This is primarily a site to answer medical questions and as a MD that is what I am qualified to do.

You'd need to look elsewhere for guidance on suitable websites I am afraid.

Patients who are delusional cannot be convinced that what they think is happening is not real - hence the necessity for a proper medical assessment and treatment.

Dr Jef