Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

i am taking depakote for bi polar. my latest level was 49.7

i am taking depakote for bi polar. my latest level was 49.7 i take 750 mg of depakote currently what is the range of therputic doses. side effects i am experiencing is tiedness and at times dizziness also can depakote effect blood pressure had cbc and it was fine thank you dee
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
i will pay the amount of nine dollars so not sure why no one is answering. i will even change the question and put a new question forth instead i am on depakote and am gaining wieght is there another drug to counter this effect i wish i could pay more but nine dollars is all i ahve thanks

Sorry for the delay in answering.I have just seen your question.

In response to your question regarding the serum level range of this drug, I am giving you a link below which I hope you will find interesting.

Valproate serum levels in treating acute mania | Clinical ...

According to some studies usually dose relationship to clinical improvement in acute mania indicate that greater improvement with good tolerance is achieved with concentrations of between 45 and 100-125mcg/mL,beyond this there is increase in side effects noted.

With many mood stabilizers, weight gain is a frequently noted side effects,but you may discuss with your doctor about the option of using Aripiprazole (Abilify),with which,weight gain is occasionally reported but not expected.

Regards