JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

hello , my mum is 58 years old , she had mental issues for

hello , my mum is 58 years old , she had mental issues for 30 years now anyway she lost 5 members of her family in one day during the war so after that she hears her mum and her father speaking with her that they want to hurt her ... eventhough they're dead! she's so convinced about the voices that they are real and that they didn't die! what i believe is that when she was little , they didn't love her enough , and she was hurt or i don't know! we tried to take her to more than one psychiatry expert , no one helped , ....what to do?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Female, Lebanon
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.

It sounds like your mom suffered a pretty severe emotional trauma. The voices she is hearing may be related to a serious dissociative experience which sometimes occurs in folks with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). When people experience multiple traumas, as in your mom's case, it can result in what is called "complex PTSD." Complex PTSD is often accompanied by auditory hallucinations, delusional thinking, and disassociation. Anyway, your mother's functioning is borderline to psychotic due to the intensity of the trauma and her bad relationship with her parents. She likely needs supportive psychotherapy and medication to reduce the auditory hallucinations. I would recommend that you bring her to see a psychologist. You might also try a different psychiatrist and talk to them about the possibility of complex PTSD. I hope this helps you with some direction.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer to be worthy.