Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I rescently took Lexapro and it did wonders for me. When I

Customer Question

I rescently took Lexapro and it did wonders for me. When I got real depressed I had trouble thinking and putting my thoughts into words. Everything was working fine and then I took Accutane and it messed up the effects of the lexapro. I have tried other antidepressents in order to get my quick thinking and elevated mood back. I used cymbalta and wellbutrin, which did nothing. I'm currently taking Prozoc and I cant tell if it is working?! I could feel the effects of Lexapro immediately when I took it. I need to get my self back to how I was when I took the Lexapro. What can you suggest? Am I doomed, I know that SSRI's work differently for all people. My mind seems to be slowed down and it's effecting my social life!
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Age: 23, Georgia

Already Tried:
Cymbalta, wellbutrin, Effexor. Now Prozac. What can give me the same results as the Lexapro?
Expert:  FamilyPhysician replied 8 years ago.
Are you still taking the Accutane? If not, when did you last use the Accutane?

How long were you on the Lexapro? Were you taking any other medications at the time?

Have you or are you using any illegal drugs?