JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.

There is a 15 year old boy who a few years ago decided to eat

Customer Question

There is a 15 year old boy who a few years ago decided to eat more healthy foods. Today he is fairly extreme and eats no "junk" foods at all. He hasn't eaten chocolate in years. Currently he has began throwing things out that belong to him. He has to have everything of his out of the house completely. he currently owns three t-shirts and a pair of track pants. Is there something wrong with him?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Age: 15; Male, Australia

Already Tried:
We have tried talking to this boy. He is far to rigid. He refuses to change his routine. His brother asked to have one of the things that the boy Luke, was throwing out and he flatly refused. He wants it all completely gone. His family is getting worried.
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 7 years ago.
Hi laces,

Yes, this behavior is quite odd. I'm not sure that I can tell you exactly what is going on here, but there is definitely a pretty serious issue. He needs to have a psychological evaluation done. His behavior seems to be escalating and I'm concerned about the rigidity of his behavior. You are right to be worried because this type of behavior reflects some pretty serious psychological problems. Try to get this kid in to see a psychiatrist or psychologist. He needs a complete psychological evaluation.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated!