Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

ATC light on, 2010 Mack, MP8, Yes, Yes

Customer Question

Hello , ATC light on
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2010 Mack , MP8
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes ,
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ATC light on
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

It is really odd to have a question sitting like this. I'm not sure what happened. It may have been in a wrong category and moved over.

Did you still need assistance with this or was it resolved? If assistance is still needed, have you noticed the ABS engaging when you hit the brakes? What about when accelerating? Do you hear the ABS triggering? When you turn the key on, do you hear the ABS chubbing or the ticking and then the air pop sounds? That is ABS chubbing. The ATC and ABS are tied together and sometimes the ABS will cause the ATC, yet the ATC can also be a standalone code. That is why I was asking about the ABS because if the ATC is sensing a bad wheel speed sensor, it will trigger the ABS. Same as if the ATC side of the module has a issue with the gyro inside the module, it will disable the ABS completely. The questions help narrow down the cause of the light.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy