Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I am having intermediate throttle issues. Code 3513 pops up

Hello.
I am having intermediate throttle issues.
Code 3513 pops up when active.
Comes and goes down the hwy.
Usually when hitting hard bumps on the road.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Also truck will run fine driving at hwy speeds if the cruise control is set.
Regardless if foot pedal is not responding properly.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I pull up this code

The sensor supply 5 of the electronic control module (ECM) provides a 5 volt supply for the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter differential pressure sensor, remote accelerator, tachograph speed sensor, and accelerator position sensor 2. The remote accelerator and tachograph speed sensor are optional original equipment manufacturer (OEM) components.Low voltage on the 5 volt supply wire can be caused by a short circuit to ground in a supply wire, a short circuit between a supply wire and a return wire, a failed sensor, or a failed ECM power supply.

CODE REASON EFFECT

Fault Code: 1696
PID: S232
SPN: 3513
FMI: 4/4
LAMP: Amber
SRT:

Sensor Supply 5 - Voltage Below Normal or Shorted to Low Source. Low voltage detected at sensor supply number 5 circuit in the OEM harness.

Severe derate in power output of the engine. Limp home power only.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have already suffered the de rated power. Now the problem comes and goes as it pleases, usually right after hitting a bump. IF I set cruise control the motor does not suffer from the de rate even if code and check engine light are present.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Where is this harness located.
Mabye it is just loose or dirty?

the harness is a term for the complete engine wiring and electrical connectors the the ECM.

Look for any loose, damaged or corroded connections.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
All harnesses?
Would there be a specific place I should start given the the problem I am having.
under chassis near transmission.
Or possibly harnesses pertaining to throttle?

There wiring I described here..... Anywhere in between the ECM connector and these sensors it could be. Unplug the sensors one at a time....If no change in the code replace that sensor. If the sensors are good it can be in the wiring between them and the ECM connector.

"the electronic control module (ECM) provides a 5 volt supply for the aftertreatment diesel particulate filter differential pressure sensor, remote accelerator, tachograph speed sensor, and accelerator position sensor 2. The remote accelerator and tachograph speed sensor are optional original equipment manufacturer (OEM) components.Low voltage on the 5 volt supply wire can be caused by a short circuit to ground in a supply wire, a short circuit between a supply wire and a return wire, a failed sensor, or a failed ECM power supply."

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok but code is not active right now.
Is there any reason why engine derating does not effect motor at hwy speeds when cruise control is activated.
I will try to locate those harnesses you mentioned to see if they are loose

A loose, corroded, or damaged connection in the wiring to the above components can cause an intermittent problem like you are having.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? If so,please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits my time for helping on the site.