Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

We have a 2004 Hino Dutro that has lost both hazard lights

Customer Question

We have a 2004 Hino Dutro that has lost both hazard lights and signal lights. I do not have an owners manual for the unit so do not where this fuse is. I have found two fuse boxes, one on left by your feet and another behind the cab. All the fuses check out as Ok, and there is one wire that is live at the module that says hazards and signal lights. Help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks.
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is all.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

It may not be the fuse, but the flasher relay. When they go bad, the signals will not work as well.

It is in the fuse box by your feet. I'm in the US and work on the Hino trucks here and that is where it is on these trucks.

If I find the fuses good, I always check the flasher next.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am an auto electrician by trade so skill level fairly high. What I really need is a wiring schematic. Then I ca sort it out getting the flash module is very expensive and hard to get so just trying on is not an option
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 days ago.

They are about $3 here in the states.

I don't have a diagram for that model since it is not an american model so I will opt out. Hopefully someone has one for you.

Good day.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. 9 times out of ten when you lose both hazards and turns at the same time it is the flasher that has went and in some cases the switch itself which can be tested by doing continuity /power testing with your Volt/OHM meter. Let me know