Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2008 international 9200 with an isx cummins. Its

Customer Question

I have a 2008 international 9200 with an isx cummins. Its started turning off and losing power. The warning engine light turns on the regen light turns on. What do you think is the problem is
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I think there is a problem in the aftertreatment system and that is why you have the regen light. The check engine light could be related to that, but the codes will need to be pulled to see as to why. If the regen needed gets to a level 3, it will cut the power of the engine and shut it down. When you reach that, a laptop will need to be connected with Insite and the manual regen done on it. Resolve the issue with the code as well for the regen failure when the laptop is connected. If the truck continues to be driven, it will go into stage 4 shutdown where you can;t even get the truck above a idle and running for more than 2 minutes.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy