Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Volvo D13 code says exhast aftermarket fuel air purge valve

Customer Question

Volvo D13 code says exhast aftermarket fuel air purge valve stuck
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2015 Volvo D13 VNL
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ok
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fix myself if I can find the valve
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

if you look at the SCR box where the 2 red air lines come together to the black valve on the frame, that is the air purge valve.

if you look at the picture I am attaching of the SCR system, look to the left of it and that is what the valve looks like. I tried to find another picture of it and I didn't have much luck.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

Remove the line off the valve that feeds it from the air tanks. See if that screen is plugged. Rinse it out and put it back on. If it is good, then the valve has gunk in it and needs to get cleaned out or replaced.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.