Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

The truck shuts down randomly loaded or not pulling or not

Customer Question

the truck shuts down randomly loaded or not pulling or not and sometimes just will not start at all if the def gauge does not rise during start up the truck will not start have had it to 3 dealers and many random shops I'm at the end of my rope it is a 2011 mp8
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: sounds good
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the truck does not have any codes and runs perfectly until it shuts down
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi Customer, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Intermittent problems are tho toughest for anyone to troubleshoot as the problem needs to be present at the time of testing to confirm the cause. What needs to be done is when the problem is present, the ECM voltage needs to be checked and grounds. If okay check the engine speed signal, check for fault codes, verify fuel pressure and for air bubbles in the lines between the tank and pump. Check for damaged or corroded wiring or loose connections. This will help narrow down what is causing your no start. In a lot of cases if all checks out okay you could have an ECM or ECM software issue. It might be worthwhile to reflash or reprogram/ benchtest the engine ECM or obtain a known good ECM from another vehicle for test purposes. Let me know