cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

The regen light is on but when i try to do a regen using the

The regen light is on but when i try to do a regen using the switch, a code comes up saying regen switch inhibited
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2012 Kenworth T660 Paccar MX engine
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Tried to do regen while i was parked with the switch but it wouldn't start the process. Ran it at highway speed & it smoked a little bit.then stopped
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I bought the truck in June & haven't had to do a regen on it before
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ok thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

If there is a code than the regen process will not complete. You need to have the ECM scanned and and the fault corrected. The reason you cannot do a regen is because the engine is protecting it's self from further damage. Please don't forget to Accept.Rte my service.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks. I was just trying to avoid going to KW. Do u have an estimate on how much it cost to correct this fault

It is the shops Hourly charge plus parts. It is impossible to tell what the fault is for and the parts needed without verification .

They will provide you with a repair quote prior to repairing the unit. If you accept he quote the repair process will begin.