Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a 2014 780 D16 engine which I have switched to a D13

Customer Question

I have a 2014 780 D16 engine which I have switched to a D13 engine. It has the d16 I shift transmission. Can that transmission be programmed to work with the D13 engine?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: it is a 2014 transmission No leaks just like new
JA: Are you fixing your 780 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is at a shop. but the mechanic tells me there is callabration issue with the transmission and engine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has the mechanic checked with a dealer at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he has, some dealerships say the transmission has to be for a d13 and some dealerships say a d16 transmission will work. so I am confused will it work or won't it work?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not know for sure if this will work but I know in some cases either may work as long as it bolts and connects up properly but it remains to see if the dealer can update programming to make it compatible.They sometimes have to contact their tech support to see if any updates can be obtained or any modifications are needed and what is needed to be sure.If this was already checked into or is not an option let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete