Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2012 volvo d13 crank no start

Customer Question

2012 volvo d13 crank no start
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thought it was a fuel pressure issue. Relief valve and fuel pump have been replaced to no avail. Truck wont start even on ether. Also thought that fuel filter housing could be a problem and have bypassed it and fed fuel directly into the cylinder head, and still nothing. pressure test cooling system and test good. I am thinking a possibilty of being bad injectors??
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check for restrictions or leaks between the fuel tank and pump causing low fuel supply pressure. You can verify with a mechanical gauge or a sight glass or clear hose to monitor for air bubbles. if okay check for fault codes and let me know what you have for codes. If the Check engine light is not coming on and cycling with key on check for ECM power and ground. a blown ECM fuse sill cause a no start. another thing to check is for engine speed sensor signal. A loss of speed signal to the ECM will disable injection. Let me know

I see a post you might be interested in adding a phone call. I sent over the premium service offer if interested but we can post back and forth here as well as needed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
CEL comes on with key on. No codes. Fuel is good. Will check cam signal. What else could be the cause?
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 13 days ago.

Have you plugged into this with a scan tool and checked for logged fault codes in the ECM?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Only logged fault was vgt. But I only have a snap on pro link. Haven't been able to check the truck. I will today. I'm going to verify rpm signal. Are you familiar with these d13 engines?
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for the update. Yes, I am. VGT wont cause a no start as you know. Let me know. Verify good fuel supply, ECM power/grounds( if you are reading with a scan tool theres power), verify engine speed signal to the ECM.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK have engine speed about 90 rpm cranking. Fuel pressure not showing because I have the filter housing bypassed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK everything back together. Get 28 psi fuel from primer but bleeds down and the I get nothing from the pump. The pump is new as well.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please keep with me here. I'm working on it right now and need a direction to go in. I don't want to keep waiting hours for a response. I know I haven't been working on it yesterday but I'm here now and want to get it done.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If your not available please let me know. I need to get this done and can't keep standing around waiting for you to respond.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The pump is not contributing and I have pulled the return line and notice when I pump the primer that slot of fuel comes out. But is this a constant return fuel system?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hey you there?? The fuel is just running right out the return when you pump it.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't understand I paid for expedited service. This is not what I'm getting.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm very unhappy with the service I'm receiving. I just simply need you to communicate or I need to find someone else.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Where I'm at right now is I blocked the return and build 70 psi with the primer. Then when I crank the engine the pressure just slowly bleeds down. I'm wondering where is that fuel going?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can't build pressure with the primer in normal operation because like is said earlier it just goes right out the return.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 days ago.

Hi, experts arent employees of the site. I help in between jobs and as time allows. Our time is voluntary and only get a percentage of the question value on positive feedback or accepted answers. Yesterday was a Sunday and I am home with my family on Sundays. I log in as time allows for follow ups. This is not a live standby chat forum. There might be times I am logged in when you reply back and I can respond right back but not always. There are phone calls that can be set up and in that case it is quicker to go over things but it is extra from the site.

install a clear hose between the tank and pump and return to watch for bubbles..... If you are getting a lot of air and no external leaks It would be injector o rings leaking down or a faulty injector. Try pressure testing the rail and checking for leaks around the injectors. Let me know