Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

Where is the fuel return shut off on an E7 98 model Mack. It

Customer Question

Where is the fuel return shut off on an E7 98 model Mack. It won't keep a prime.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type? Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1998 Mack R model with E7 350 horse motor. Yes, I am making repairs myself. I 'm looking for the shut off because it isn't in the injection pump at the return line anymore.
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Typically the fuel check valve is in the suction tube from the tank to the engine! This is where the fuel usually drains back, not through the return, but the suction line! Look for the valve near the tank or add a fuel check valve in the suction line.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?