Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2008 International 4200 The unit was sitting for 7 years we

Customer Question

2008 International 4200 The unit was sitting for 7 years we had to due multiple services to get the engine up to running condition. (Fluids,Fuel Etc.) The issue we have now after getting it running is ZERO brake pressure It appears the are 2 brake motors that are supposed to supply me with pressure? We currently Have a Brake pressure light and ABS light.
Codes Are2581-6 Hydraulic brake pressure 2
2580-6 Hydraulic Brake pressure 1
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Since this sat for as long as it has, replace the brake fluid. Crack the line at the reservoir and pump it into a container. Don't drain it completely. Only real low so you don't get air into the master cylinder. Then remove the 2 sensors on the brake system. One is on the reservoir and the other is on the line to the rear and left of the reservoir as you are looking at it. Clean them. They may have gum built up from the truck sitting. Those sensors activate the motor for the brakes.

Then reinstall, put clean fluid in, pump more of the bad fluid from the master cylinder, then top the fluid off.

Next is to check the fluid in the power steering. Does it look dark or another color other than clear? If so, replace it. It has water in it to make it look dark from sitting. Then start the truck with the steer tires lifted, then turn far left and far right at least 4 times with the cap removed to remove air that is trapped. Now check to see that you have brake pressure.

Turn the truck off. With the key off, press the brake pedal. You should hear the motor come on and charge the brakes. If not, then one of those 2 sensors is bad and/or the motor is bad on the side of the master cylinder. That is where you are getting the codes and lack of brake pressure from.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy