Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2000 Mack e7-350, no fan clutch output, fault code 4-2. 2000

Customer Question

2000 Mack e7-350, no fan clutch output, fault code 4-2.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2000 Mack CH613 engine e7-350
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, the fan clutch had no power so fixed power supply wire from fuse 41, I have 12 volts at key on engine off. Check continuity at high pressure switch koeo and I have continuity. Ecm unlatches ground at fan clutch solenoid once engine starts.
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

From what I understand from what you wrote, you have power and continuity to the solenoid and the ground is there from the ECM. This sounds like a bad solenoid then. Change the solenoid and the code should clear.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy