Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Fault code 14 & 65 for a 2007 Isuzu FSS550, Isuzu FSS550

Customer Question

Fault code 14 & 65 for a 2007 Isuzu FSS550
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: Isuzu FSS550 2007, 6HK1 7.8L turbo
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have aquired the fault codes 14 & 65, I just need to know what they are
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What did you use to pull these codes?

DTC 14 is for Cam sensor. Check the sensor wiring and connector pins for damage and if okay, replace the faulty sensor.

DTC 65 is low boost pressure abnormal. Check the sensor harness and connector pins or for a faulty sensor. If okay check for leaks in the turbo intake piping, turbo problems and actual low boost pressure. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i joined 2 wires together and watched the service light long and short flashes to get the numbers. Boost is running at 20psi. Can you tell me where the cam sensor is?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can i add my mistake, it it 24 and 65, not 14 and 65 sorry
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You've sent me a request for feedback but you haven't replied to my past 3 messages????

Hello. Experts are not employees of the site. I help on here in between jobs as time allows. I believe those requests are auto generated. I was away for the holiday weekend. I hope you and yours had a great New Years. Ill look up 24 for you... bare with me

DTC 24 is the accelerator position sensor located at the throttle pedal. Check the sensor hand wiring harness. I have a shop manual I can help with for a premium service . If interested I will send over the offer.

Once the offer is accepted just post accepted offer in a reply so I will be notified to post the link for you on my next login. We can post back and forth here as needed as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is the manual for an FSS550 2007 or just the 6HK1 engine?

Its the engine manual

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks but I have several already, I really need a full workshop manual for an FSS550 2007, also the DTC65 that indicates low boost, the turbo is performing at its usual 19-20psi and I don't think there are any pressure sensors on the output line of the turbo