Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I m driving my truck is shut off I m trying to start my

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I m driving my truck is shut off I m trying to start my truck it is won't be starting engine is cringe
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Kw t660 s number 79416475
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I m trying
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not to much
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This issue here can be due to a lack of fuel.I have seen components like a restricted fuel filter cause this fault here needing replaced.If this has not been checked this should be done to see if the fuel filter is the cause needing replaced.This is only if you still have electrical power and the engine is cranking over but isnt starting.If the filter is o.k. or was already replaced I would still have the fuel system tested as this may be an issue with a component like the injection pump.

If the fuel system is found o.k. then unfortunately more testing will be needed to locate the cause here.You would need to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers then those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete