Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a international 4300 with dt 466 engine. have active

Customer Question

i have a international 4300 with dt 466 engine. have active code flash 621 sid 253 fmi 0
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I'm presuming this is a new ECM to have the default data on it? If it is a new ECM, I would start by checking the power/grounds to it and make sure there is no voltage issue. Then check the communication connections.

I am attaching the diagnostic shet that Intenrational has for the code. I looked at it and it doesn't list the flash code specifically, but it does have the checks on it for the comms link.

If this is a old ECM, I would have the ECM tested to see if there is an issue with the EEPROM chips. If a refurbished, I would have it swapped for antoehr and tell the dealer or the seller the issue you are having. I have had them not take from the license being expired on my software before, so check that, but most times when they don;t take there is an issue with the ECM being defective. It happens often on the rebuilt/refurbished units.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.