Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

The park brake light in dash stays on all the time I have

Customer Question

the park brake light in dash stays on all the time I have changed the dash valve and both the brake light valves at the foot brake
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2005 t-2000 Kenworth cummings isx
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: both foot brake light valves replaced and dash valve
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Did you try replacing the switch and making sure it is the right one? These use different styles. One is a contant open switch and one is a constant closed switch. If they are swapped or the wire is shorted for any reason, it will do this.

Usually water gets into the switch and shorts it out the nthat pesky light stays on all the time.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy