Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have an ISX 500 with dpf that has no stage 3 engine

hi there
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i have an ISX 500 with dpf that has no stage 3 engine braking
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: sorry i dont have that info available at this point in time
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes a top set was carried out and all ok,
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it only has 2 solenoids under the rocker cover and stage 1 operates 3 cylinder ok and 2 operates all 6 as it should but stage 3 is same as 2 and wont as it seems create boost or shut the turbo vanes as i understand it

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

First off, do you ahve the Cummins Insite software to be able to see waht the switch is showing to tule out any issues with it? You didn;t specify the model of the truck so I'm not sure if it has smart switches or analog switches. I would check there first.

Then if you are getting the full switch values for all stages, then flash the ECM. It may have a programming loss issue causing the issues you are having. I've seen that so many times that it has gotten to where I will automatically do that. Cummins has no explanation as to why it does it either.

Let me know the results of those steps.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy