Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a QSB 6.7 CM850 showing code 428. The voltage at the

Customer Question

I have a QSB 6.7 CM850 showing code 428. The voltage at the wif connection is 5.0 volts There is no short that I can find, I have replace the ECM at Cummings request and still have the 428 code. Can not find any other fault with the system. Any ideas?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: It's a Hyundai 160-7E forklift. S/n 0546.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hyundai has no clue and said to get with a cummings tech.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 4 months ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h6hi64yh82v6zl/qsb.pdf?dl=0

Good evening try this

it should help

let me know how you do.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I'm also a Cummings tech. Ihave been through all of the Cummings troubleshooting that they have. I have gone so far as to replace the fuel rail sensor because the local tech said he had this happen to him. The local techs arer at a lose as to what might be the cause. That's why I'm reaching out to you.

ok

just wondering why the fuel rail sensor was replaced for a water in fuel sensor code ??

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The sensor negatives are connected together and the thinking was it was causing feedback to the wif sensor. in his case that was the problem.

What are the resistance vaules of both wires from the wif sensor to the ecm ?

less that 1 ohm ??

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm at the point now thinking that I may have another sensor or sensors causing the problem or maybe a fault in the harness but there is no indication of any problem with the wiring that I have found.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
To answer your question 0.1 ohms.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
FYI. There is not a WIF sensor connected directly to the ECM. The connection is capped. The WIF sensor is basically an idiot light to the dash cluster. There is NO connection from the WIF sensor to thee ECM. This is not suppose to happen according to the Cummings Liaison for Hyundai.

Interesting,

if your cummins engine is throwing a code for it and its not there then you can turn the parameter off for the wif sensor with insite and be done with it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK. I haven't tried to turn it off. I did see that it was enabled in Insite. Is it a possibility that it turned itself on when the customer change the batteries or tried to jump-start the engine?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I apologize if I seem ignorant of this system but I have only been certified since July and haven't had a lot of experience with these engines yet. I appreciate your patience and greatly appreciate your help. I am trying to obtain all of the information I can to make myself better at troubleshooting these engines.

no problem man,

Let me know how you do..

good evening

i see the question is still open,do you have anymore questions ??