Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

2000 GMC T7500 w/cat engine as previous question asked, Ran

Customer Question

2000 GMC T7500 w/cat engine as previous question asked, Ran ok -let it sat for 8 hrs and would not start!!! Engine cranks normal speed,removed hose @ intake and sprayed starting fluid and it will start. Did it 3 times,then kept it running for 15 seconds by spraying s. fluid. In the last month it had a problem2 times no start,sprayed s. fluid and it started and kept running. It was diagnos with a bad injector over 1 year ago. Has a dead misson at leased1 cyl. It overheated , I'm not sure how hot it got, but doesnt loose to speak of coolant. it has run at least 1 gallon low on oil. Major oil leaks. On inner timing timiing cover their 2 sensors in front of pump whick are oil soaked with fresh oil...Not clear on some of my statements because its my neighbors truck.!!! Thanks Jeff Lowe, Master Auto Tech w/lt1, VOLVO MASTER Tech..Have no service manual or scanner for med duty truck. Any one have soft ware and adapter for laptop.??
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: let me see if i can find it.. Be back in a few.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry it took so long,VIN. # 1GDM7C1C9YJ504930 date of man. 09/99) manual
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
manual trans,air cond., air brakes,26,000lb gvw,no cruise control, I'm in calif,but truck live in snow country,under side rusted. Fuel pump on frame rusted badly,lines to left & right fuel tanks leaking/seeping. will need locateion of sensors & wiring diagrams. thanks jeff
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
its a bob tail "box van"
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
So once you getting it running with starting fluid, it stays running all day?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
far your site is a joke!!!!! I'm waiting for my answere , AND YOU ASK A QUESTION DOES IT STAY RUNNING ALL DAY. In my question it was perfectly clear as i stated "kept it running for 15 seconds by spraying s fluid" . How can you answere the question if you cant read it.I dont have my answer but you have allready billed (charged) me,cant quite figure that one out!!
Expert:  Cat Man replied 4 days ago.
Have a great day ma'am.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I'm still waiting for my answer.I requested wiring diagram,sensor location and specifation,fuse&relay location.