Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have a prentice 120e that I'm working on. It's on the back

Customer Question

Hi I have a prentice 120e that I'm working on. It's on the back of a 91 Mac truck. So my problem is that the left valve controls are not working at all. As well as the out rigors on both sides are not working at all. I believe the out rigors are ran through the left valve body controls. The right side controls are working just fine. There has to be some type of relief valve or other valve that controllls that left side I believe? I can not find any manuals on this prentice. Please help and thank you
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any types or restrictions or damage to the hydraulic lines I would see if an issue is found needing repaired or replaced.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Pete. I have looked at the lines and they are clear from restriction and no hoses are leaking. I Believe that it has to be some type of hydraulic valve that controls the whole left side controller because the right side is working fine
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

O.k.,unfortunately my info isnt clear on any hydraulic diagrams of this model here myself but others here may have more info to help on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete