Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2005 gmc c550 with 6.6 duramax diesel.the engine

Customer Question

i have a 2005 gmc c550 with 6.6 duramax diesel.the engine starts runs rough do not rev up when peddle is pressed.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: gmc c550 2005 with 6.6 duramax engine
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if its not a big problem i will fix it my self.i have not tried any thing
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: at first it lost power on a hill .stop the engine restarted drove 10km no problem got home stop the engine and had this problem.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 16 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

When it starts, are you getting a lot of smoking coming from the engine? When you mentioned rough running, it sounds like an injector. If you have a lot of smoking and fuel smell with no revving, it is certainly an injector. On this engine, you should have a code stored. Are you able to get the code with a scanner and verify?

The reason the engine will nto rev is becasue it is in limp mode to protect the engine. I would check the vehocle for injector issues wit hwhat you have described so far.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 12 days ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.