Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Fan clutch on a Cummings 300 isb. Read about service

Customer Question

Fan clutch on a Cummings 300 isb . Read about service solution 3737. Looking for info. Not getting voltage to fan clutch. Thanks
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Freightliner number 4uzab2bv85cv73832
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: sorry, didn't finish. Having cooling problems. Fan clutch not getting power. Engine number 57352955. Heard about service solution 3737. What is that and could that resolve my issues
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know I have a Horton fan clutch and have replaced the anti rotation strap. I have tested the voltage and am not getting anything to the clutch even at engine temp of 214
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** cant look your truck info by Vin. What is the year and chassis model? Also are there any fault codes logged in the ECM?

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please stop charging me for no information.

Haha, Experts are not employees of the site and get paid nothing to volunteer their time to help. The site holds your deposit until feedback is left... So in other words, I've charged you nothing and only took the time to reach out and try to help. Glad you got it resolved. In the future it helps to participate in conversation with the mechanic trying to help you and answer any follow up questions.