Robert
Robert, Technician
Experience:  Experience with RV application including chassis systems - especially CAT and Cummins.
3862310

I have a 2001 Newmar Class A motor home, with a ISC 330

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Newmar Class A motor home, with a ISC 330 Cummins Engine. I am seeing a Amber warning light up front, that is engine related. I am on a trip to Calif, and need to continue to drive the unit, what are my options, and solutions? Help
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: MoDel ISC engine #46058570, family YCEXH0505CAG, NUMBER plate 1110
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Spartan classic coach.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Serial #4VZBN2397,
ICO38890
Milage: 94232
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay, I see no other experts have responded....

When the engine light goes off it should store a fault code, with the proper software a shop can pull codes and see what active faults are occuring. In the long run having the codes pulles saves time and money and takes the guess work out of the issue. I would verify your fluid levels to start, check the oil and coolant levels. Sometimes a partial plugged fuel filter can also cause problems so that might be another thing to try. IF the problem gets worse the engine will de-rate and you will loose power as the engine is protecting it's self. I would advise to have codes pulled as soon as you can, better be safe then sorry on this one and it is to hard to say why the light is going off as it can go of for many, many different reasons.... Hope this helps some, please let me know if you have more questions or concerns...... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert