Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a problem, or possibly a couple problems. 2008

Customer Question

I have a problem, or possibly a couple problems. 2008 Peterbilt 367, VIN 1XPTD4EX78D757060. It has a factory installed lift axle with reverse override to lift axle when transmission is in reverse. Problems:
1. No right turn signal. Left works but nothing on right.
2. Lift axle raises when marker lights, brake lights, or left turn signal is on. If I put a temporary ground on taillight white ground at taillight bulb plug, lift axle stays down.
I have schematics but I have traced wires and racked my brain. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Disconnect the rear lamps. Unplug them completely and see if the issue still happens. You could be pulling your hair out because one of the lights are back feeding the reverse circuit. With you losing the right side, I would check it first becasue if it shorts the right signal, it will make the module power down from the short and not feed that circuit. I have replaced wuite a few lamps on those model Petes.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 days ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.