Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Dpf fuel injector #1 no respond and is in derate. 2011 386

Customer Question

Dpf fuel injector #1 no respond and is in derate.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2011 386 peterbilt PACCAR8
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Injector was replaced a week ago, also had dpf filters cleaned no other codes.
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I manually reset the timer for shit down.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 24 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Was the same code that came up for the doser and that is why it was replaced? Peterbilt has been having issues with the harnesses on these units and have been making the shops here swap the harnesses with the doser valve changes. They short in the middle and cause the no respond codes like you have. I would test that harness and see if you have a bad ohm reading in it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 days ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.