][\][iCk0411
][\][iCk0411, Fleet Manager
Experience:  310T Red Seal- Truck and Coach Technician
12570002

I have a motorhome built on a Freightliner chassis. it has a

Customer Question

I have a motorhome built on a Freightliner chassis. it has a C-7 Catepillar engine that I have had in the shop for a throttle issue. I step on the pedal and it has a very slow response time. Sometimes worse than others. The repair shop told me that it is an J 1939 interface issue. The transmission also is not responding properly. It shifts at different RPMs most times
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: I will wait for a responce
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else that I can think of presently
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  ][\][iCk0411 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I will be happy to try and assist you today. I have some questions to follow up on before we continue. First, what year and make of motorhome? Did they specify if it was a body, or transmission interface issue? That would help asses what side of the system is causing the grief.

Can I ask where in Canada are you located. I can help seek out the best suited facility to help you get the unit repaired. Unfortunately, if you have already had the local shop look at it there then I would recommend a recommended service provider look at it.

Please let me know what you can.

Thanks,